Re: Meshlab and Qutemol

On Sun, 3 Jun 2007, Teemu Ikonen wrote:

I've made packages of Meshlab with the relevant parts of the VCG
library included in the source (separate packaging does not make much
sense ATM, since VCG upstream does not even have a build system). The
source package is at http://www.helsinki.fi/~tpikonen/meshlab/

I've found /usr/lib/meshlab/plugins.txt containing

   "Put in this folder your DLL plugin and restart MeshLab"

Is this really a file that is parsed by the runtime or should this
rather be a documentation file?  In general I really think there is
a bit less documentation (not to mention the missing man pages).
For instance what is the sense behind /usr/bin/meshlabserver.

From a users point of view I would have no idea where to start
with this package.

So, if any DD interested in this software is reading this, please help
close bug #426581 and sponsor an upload to the archive. Any comments
or suggestions for improving the packaging are very much welcome as
well.

Sponsoring would be no problem, if my brain dead users perspective
could be at least a little bit liftet.

Thanks for working on this package that seems quite useful obtained
from the screen shots from the web page (even if the shots show a
strange window manager ;-)).