Re: Batch systems: Torque, SLURM, other?

Hi Dirk,

thanks for your reply!

Am Dienstag, den 15.05.2007, 14:40 -0500 schrieb Dirk Eddelbuettel:
> Following on a similar thread or two we had here, I have been sponsoring
> Gennaro Oliva who has been working on munge [ == authentication service used
> by slurm ] packages which we _almost_ got into Debian unstable.  The
> ftpmaster noticed that another copyright line was missing for two files
> internal to munge.
>
> Gennaro has also packaged slurm as slurm-llnl [ Debian already has a slurm
> package ] but despite my prodding, has not released anything based on slurm
> 1.2.* as he is working on a configuration script -- and that's hard.

That sounds promising. Is there any way to follow the development
besides waiting for the package to drop into sid?

I just started packaging for Debian and am quite unexperienced, so I
guess I'm not of much help here. Nevertheless, I'm very interested in
testing the packages once they're finished.

Best regards
Manuel