Re: VMD

Hi Luis:
Wonderful.

I have posted to the vmd site a question:

I have noticed on the VMD manual (last version) that
"Interactive molecular dynamics simulations VMD can be
used as a graphical front-end to a live molecular
dynamics program running on a remote supercomputer or
high-performance workstation. VMD can interactively
apply and visualize forces in an MD simulation as it
runs."

May be you can tell me how to make the connection. I
already have a reliable ssh connection between a
Debian i386 etch computer with X and Gnome (where to
install VMD) to a remote machine with Debian amd64 and
no X (where to install NAMD). I can slogin from either
machine to the other one and use any standard ssh
command (the two machines are connected to a router,
using the internal static dhcp assignments).

Thanks

francesco