Re: shared memory in computational chemistry

That OK below for a job in which I had made six
fragments from the molecule. Because the partial
charge  calculation was unsatisfactory as to the
dipole moment value, I tried again by making two
fragments only. Although this can hardly be clear,
what should perhaps suggest a remedy is the final
warning below (beteen two lines) at the incomplete
calculation. No more an issue as to the size of memory
segments to allocate (I did the "echo .." as below).
Now the issue is "inappropriate ioctl for device".  No
hope for suggestions from the computational software
part. The only hope is from debian people, I believe.
___________________________

Recovery file deleted

1 **********
 *   0: Singular matrix in esp_fit    2
 **********
0:0::: 2
0:0::: 2
Last System Error Message from Task 0:: Inappropriate
ioctl for device
  0: ARMCI aborting 2 (0x2).
  0: ARMCI aborting 2 (0x2).
system error message: Inappropriate ioctl for device
 Creating: host=deb64, user=francesco,

file=/home/francesco/application/bin/application_executable,
port=35756
  4: interrupt(1)
WaitAll: No children or error in wait?]

Thanks