Re: shared memory in computational chemistry

Hi Peter:

Thanks. I set

echo "60000000" >/proc/sys/kernel/shmmax

because the segment to allocate was ca 39mb. In
between the rows reporting the steady approach to scf
energy, a row appeared:

1 warning: armci set_mem_offset: offset changed 0 to
8192

and the calculation of partial charges completed
successfully.

As to a permanent solution, is any drawback in setting
shmmax as above (or even to a higher value)
permanently? Probably this issue of allocating big
fragments will become routine, though I can't predict
their size.

francesco