Re: Installing the whole set of scientific packages

El Lunes 12 Febrero 2007 23:49, Damián Viano escribió:
> On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 08:37:46PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > On Sun, 11 Feb 2007, Lisandro [iso-8859-1] Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
> >
> > wrote:
> > >Perhaps a metapackage should be done, best if coordinated through
> > >this list.
> >
> > Well, the meta-package technique is supported easily through cdd-dev
> > package.  Feel free to ask me if ou have trouble implementing
> > scientific meta packages set.  I guess the debian-med package might
> > be a reasonable example to suppoet all features, especially because
> > the biological part should be ready.
> >
> > >I understand that it would be _too_ difficult due to the quantity of
> > >science-related packages, but from a begginers point of view, it
> > >wouldn't be so much a bad idea.
> >
> > Well, I think *because* of the quantity we need such a collection
> > of scientific related software.
> >
> > Another very reasonable approach is debtagging the scientific
> > packages and use the features of debtags to install scientific
> > packages.
>
> 	I think a tasksel task would also be very reasonable approach here,
> and, maybe be easier to maintain than a meta-package?
>
> 	It would also be nice since is quite a specific task and one would be
> prompted during d-i which would pretty much make Debian science-ready
> out of the box.

Complicated to do? I _never_ did something related to debian packages, but
perhaps it's a good time to start :-)

Regards, Lisandro.

--
FAQ del pequeño tomi:
P- ¿Porque los programas necesitan tanta RAM hoy?

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
https://perezmeyer.com.ar/ si es un desafortunado usuario de Speedy