Memory management

I am trying to set the best memory management for
numerical calculations using TCGMSG parallelization on
a multi CPUs dual-opteron machine with full set of
memory modules (everything on the same Tyan
motherboard).

What about arranging the available 8GB as follows:

memory total 7000 mb stack 1750 mb heap 1750 mb global
3500 mb

Of course much depends how the Fortran code is written
(which I don't know), though using the generalized
mode above should not meet inconsistencies. May that
be true?

I was looking for a software of control of the
parallelization/memory_management. Not yet found.

Cheers
francesco pietra