BALLView - a molecular viewer and modeling tool

Hi,

my name is Andreas Moll and I am one of the developers of the
free molecular viewer and modeling tool BALLView, available from

www.ballview.org

Let me give a short describtion:

BALLView provides fast OpenGL-based visualization of molecular structures,
molecular mechanics methods (minimization, MD simulation using the
AMBER and CHARMM force fields), calculation and visualization
of electrostatic properties (FDPB).

BALLView is based on BALL (Biochemical Algorithms Library) ,
which is currently being developed in the groups of Hans-Peter Lenhof
(Saarland University, Saarbruecken, Germany) and Oliver Kohlbacher
(University of Tuebingen, Germany). BALL is an application framework
in C++ that has been specifically designed for rapid software
development in Molecular Modeling and Computational Molecular Biology.
It provides an extensive set of data structures as well as classes
for Molecular Mechanics, advanced solvation methods, comparison and
analysis of protein structures, file import/export, and visualization.

BALLView is available under the LGPL licence.

I am also working on the Debian package for this application and
thought that some readers on this list might be interested.
The source package is available from

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/b/ballview/

I would be happy if some users might be interesting in testing the
package/application and provide me with their feedback.
Of course I will also answer to any questions e.g. on the application's
usage.

Best regards

Andreas Moll