Re: Scientific computing newbie

gnwiii@gmail.com wrote:

The free packages mentioned above use lisp, C, C++, and Fortran, so if
you are interested in the internal workings of these, you will need
some basic skills with all 4 languages as well as tools such as bison
and yacc or antlr.  Scheme (a lisp dialect), however, is the place to
start learning programming concepts (look at MIT's introductory
courses).

Thank you George, and thank you David.

So I should be able to write raw programs "naturally"...
I am learning Scheme at present with SICP. Maybe I should go on with it and grasp some more languages.
Easier said than done, I am going to put those into practice.

Thanks again for all of your help and patience.

Good luck.

--
Xu Benda
Fundamental Science of Mathematics and Physics