Re: Simulation software package maintainer is xmds, version 1.5-3

* Christian T. Steigies <cts@debian.org> [2006-11-23 15:34]:

> On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 02:54:41PM +0100, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
> > It would be good if the person who is engaged in building the package
> > express it here, so that we avoid duplication of effort.
>
> Did I send anonymous email?

Sorry, it was not clear for me who was the person building the package.

> I built a package with dh_make, but encountered a few problems with
> configure and make install. If you solved that already, great, got for it,
> I wouldn't mind looking at your package.

Besides the mentioned fftw2-dev/fftw3-dev problem, everything went okay
here.  I did not yet get to "make install", though.

> Maybe we can start an alioth project for this?

A new Alioth project just for xmds is probably an overkill.  We might add it
to the existent pkg-scicomp group.  I am Cc:ing this message to Christophe
Prud'homme, the admin of the group.  I think he will not object to it.

> Then people could add the different postprocessors for octave, R, ... some
> of the examples work and I can read in the matlab files in octave, but the
> data needs a little processing to generate the nice plots on the webpage.

I think it is better to contribute this upstream, so that the improvements
will not be restricted to Debian.

Gruß,

--
Rafael