Re: math package maintainer for Debian

On 10/14/06, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org> wrote:

Which is at http://sage.scipy.org/sage but you didn't say that :)

| to ask a question of a contact person from the Debian team who
| deals with math packages. If such a person is reading this list
| (or if someone on this list knows of such a person), please

Is there a reason you can't ask directly here on the list where more eyeballs
will see it? Given how SAGE comprises deveral dozen packages so you'd have to
contact several maintainers anyway, several of which are likely to be
listening here.

A key component of Singular is now GPL'd, which means
that Singular could now be included in Debian.  Serious license
issues with Singular were discussed on a Debian list recently
here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-mentors@lists.debian.org/msg46083.html

(This is why this email is cross-posted to debian-legal). The obstruction
mentioned there to inclusion of Singular in Debian has now been resolved: