Re: How much interest in a "debian-science.org" repository?

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006, Christian T. Steigies wrote:

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 03:12:33PM -0500, Carlo Segre wrote:

The biggest problem with non-free packages, which many science-related
pacakges would fall into, is that there is no automatic buildd system for
them.  I have been trying to get pgplot5 rebuilt with no success.

You were not persistent enough ;-)
Plus it is currently a bad time to ask for builds of non-free packages,
since there is some backlog on most arches. When I last rebuilt pgplot5 for
m68k, my machine was probably idling. Can you remind me where to upload
non-free packages to?

Perhaps I should just be more patient... I am not sure what you mean about uploading non-free packages. I just uploaded pgplot5 the same way as any other package, it went into unstable just fine for i386. Rather, i built a mips binary package and uploaded it the same way as the usual package with dput. Perhaps that is not the way to upload a "port"?

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Illinois Institute of Technology