Re: How much interest in a "debian-science.org" repository?

Good morning

Do you know http://www.debian-unofficial.org ?

I think that's exactly what you're searching.

From the website:
"0. Introduction

You have switched from ${another} GNU/Linux distribution to Debian GNU/Linux.
It runs great, there is just one problem: you are missing some software
available in your ${other} distribution. That is were Debian Unofficial comes
in.

Debian Unofficial is a repository for packages not available within the
official Debian repository. It contains packages which are not distributable
within Debian due to special license terms as well as packages which are not
included in Debian due to political reasons (e.g. alleged possible patent
infrigement, binary-only/no sources, or special too restrictive licenses).

Actually, most of the packages in this repository are built especially for
Debian Unofficial parts of the software you find here may also be available
on other sites: Debian Unofficial collects them, rebuilds them to save
quality assurance and puts them, for users convenience, in this very
repository.

The motto: One unofficial repository to rule them all.

Daniel Baumann aka panthera
"

BTW: Daniel Baumann is a DD.

And if I'm right there is even a buildd for several architectures.

griits
Mario