Re: wannabe package maintainer

> Why don't you just add the necessary -dev packages to build-depends?

The build-depends is generated through these macros in the debian/control file
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}
So, I'm not really doing anything as far as entering dependencies goes.

There are no dev packages needed for buildng on sid. Is tihs needed
for sarge? I don't really have a sarge machine handy so I cant' test
it out myself.

> It doesn't make sense to request for people to install the binary
> package when they can't build from source, especially when the right
> fix is trivial.

Yeah I understand that.

BTW, were you able to build it okay on your system?

Ranjan