Re: Debian package for TreeView X

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 06:22:20AM -0800, Andre Lehovich wrote :
> --- Charles Plessy <charles-debian@plessy.org> wrote:
> > Also, I welcome comments on the contents of the manpage, which you can
> > find at http://charles.plessy.org/debian/treeviewx/tv.html
>
> Looks like a good start.
>
> You're making the same mistake I see in a lot of Debian web pages.  (Where is
> the template you started from?  I'd like to file a bug report on it.)  Your
> first sentence is:
>
> "This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original
> program does not have a manual page."

Hi,

I am using /usr/share/debhelper/dh_make/debian/manpage.sgml.ex, which is
by default installed in the /debian directory.

I have suppressed this paragraph now. The AUTHOR section contains
something similar anyway.

> You include a URL to upstream's web page in the doc (good, more man
> pages should do this).  Is there any chance they will license the doc
> on that page under a suitable license (perhaps the same as used for
> the software) for Debian to include it as a treeview-doc package?

Actually, it is an URL to the previous version of the software, TreeView
(not X), which does not exist for *nix platforms. The html documentation
page for TreeView X does not say more; I entirely cut-and-pasted in the
man page.

Best regards,

--
Charles