Re: Debian package for TreeView X

--- Charles Plessy <charles-debian@plessy.org> wrote:
> Also, I welcome comments on the contents of the manpage, which you can
> find at http://charles.plessy.org/debian/treeviewx/tv.html

Looks like a good start.

You're making the same mistake I see in a lot of Debian web pages.  (Where is
the template you started from?  I'd like to file a bug report on it.)  Your
first sentence is:

"This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original
program does not have a manual page."

That's the wrong way to begin -- I'm reading the man page to learn about
command-line options, environment variables, configuration files, and, of
course, what the program does.  Leave the authorship information for the AUTHOR
section.  Also, once you've submitted your new man page upstream there is a
good chance they'll include it in future releases, at which point "the original
program" will have a man page!

You include a URL to upstream's web page in the doc (good, more man pages
should do this).  Is there any chance they will license the doc on that page
under a suitable license (perhaps the same as used for the software) for Debian
to include it as a treeview-doc package?

--Andre