Re: chemical drawing packages

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 01:13:38AM -0800, Francesco Pietra wrote:
> I tried again, after months have elapsed, chemical
> drawing packages available for debian i386 etch/GNOME
> 2.14.3:

Thanks for your feedback.

> ---chemtool 1.6.9-1
> ---xdrawchem 1.9.9-3
> ---gchempaint 0.6.6
>
> with installed
> ---openbabel 2.0.2-1
>
> My focus was to get exchange of files with chemdraw,

> was able to write them with xdrawchem (much improved

> chemdraw) did not work well. Atom symbols came out of
> place.

> No chance with the other packages (I appreciated the

> that). I understand it is a problem of openbabel (if
> not a problem of misuse).

> please help. For the time being I continue with an
> application under wine, looking for the time when a
> linux-native application will be fully working in
> regard to the editors.

You can wait long. The best way (in free software) to have things
moving is to provide precise sample case with what is not working (and
even hack on the code). If you can, please file appropriate bugs:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?which=pkg&data=xdrawchem&archive=no&version=&dist=unstable

http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

(Or directly to upstream.)

Scratch your own itch.