Re: Geant4 unofficial Debian package repository rearranged

Brett Viren wrote:
> "Kevin B. McCarty" <kmccarty@Princeton.EDU> writes:
>
>> Brett Viren wrote:
>>> Also, how difficult would it be to allow multiple versions to be
>>> installed, including the -dev and -header packages?
>
>  [ ... big snip ... ]
>
> Okay, wow.  So, I guess to summarize the answer is "very".  It
> certainly sounds like way more effort that it is worth.

It *is* possible, just non-trivial to do it right.  I'm guessing though
that you would rather I focus on packaging 8.2 than trying to implement
this :-)

>> Hope this is somewhat helpful.
>
> It was, thanks.  Another option I suppose would be to maintain a
> chroot'ed installation to test out new versions.

Yep, that would work too (probably it is even more convenient than the
two things I listed).

best regards,