Re: Extremadura meeting

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 17, 2006 at 09:16:57PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

> I wonder how the status of a proposed CDD meeting or Debian science
> meeting in Extremadura is?  I vanished a little bit from the
> scene in the first half of this year and thus I'm seeking for
> the following information:
>
>    1. Is there any sponsored meeting not yet asigned and thus
>       free for a CDD / Debian-science meeting?
>    2. Is there any interest or some work in progress towards
>       such meeting.

Not that I know.  The http://wiki.debian.org/DebianScienceMeetings has
not gathered much people.  But never too late to organise such a
meeting if enough people are interested in (I think it will be
post-etch now) even independently of the Extremadura meetings.

I think of some forthcoming events that might welcome such a gathering:
 - the next Fosdem in Belgium (February 2007)
 - the next Debconf in Scotland ;
 - the next LSM / RMLL (in France, July 2007).

There might be others too.

Are there enough people to gather?  ;-)  On which subjects?

Best regards,
Frédéric Lehobey