Re: Batch systems in Debian

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 11:46:06AM -0400, Brett Viren wrote:
> Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org> writes:
>
> > -- OpenPBS anyone?
>
> Torque is derived from OpenPBS.  You can use it standalone or with
> maui if you need to implement more complex scheduling policies.

Both are not DFSG-free as far as I know.  I looked at them some years
ago and asked debian-legal about it, you should find that in the mail
archives.  Or did they change the license?

There is SUN's gridengine which is Free Software AFAIK, however, it is
quite complex.  I made some big changes to make (an older version) FHS
compliant, but never got around testing those in a real queuing
environment, I'm meaning to do so...

Michael