Re: How much interest in a "debian-science.org" repository?

Mario Fux wrote:
> Do you know http://www.debian-unofficial.org ?
>
> I think that's exactly what you're searching.

Not really. Because:

Debian Unofficial should be *only* a repository for three types of
packages, which:

1. do violating allegedly software-patents
2. requires a contract with the vendor prior distribution
3. too restrictive licenses (e.g. keeping sources 6 month after
   distribution etc.)

I see no reason to not upload any dfsg-compliant package, whetever it is
science related or not, to Debian directly. If the package is upstream
buggy, then it should be uploaded to experimental, rather than an
unofficial repository.

If you're lacking sponsors, tell me and I can help with sponsoring packages.