Re: How much interest in a "debian-science.org" repository?

Deaer Kevin:

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006, Kevin B. McCarty wrote:

Dear list,

I was talking to Brett Viren about the possibility to host CLHEP and
GEANT4 .debs at his site, maintaining a repository for unofficial
physics related packages.  So the question is, would other Debian
Scientists, in fields other than physics, also be interested in using
this repository?

The idea needs a lot of setup so probably not much will happen
immediately; this email is mainly to gauge the amount of interest.

I am certainly interested and could contribute some resources perhaps, including machines with mips, sparc, powerpc and m68k architectures for building. While I am a physicist, my research is more in materials science.

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Illinois Institute of Technology