Re: root on ppc: 403 forbiden

Hello,

On Fri, 2006-06-16 at 15:05, Yannick patois wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yannick patois wrote:
> > Thanks, installation of root-common worked.
> > Unfortunately there seems to be a bunch of quite unresolved/conflicting
> > dependencies, I'll have a deeper look when I can, maybe it's my local
> > config. Otherwise, I'll let you know.
>
> Seems I cant solve that problem:
>
> ibook2:~# aptitude install root

[snip]

>   root-plugin-mysql: Depends: libmysqlclient15 (>= 5.0.15-1) but it is
> not installable
>   root-common: Conflicts: root-rootd (< 5.09.01-7) but 5.09.01-6 is to
> be installed.
>                Conflicts: root-proofd (< 5.09.01-7) but 5.09.01-6 is to
> be installed.
>                Conflicts: root-xrootd (< 5.09.01-7) but 5.09.01-6 is to
> be installed.
>

> I fist had a look at this libmysqlclient15 dependency, and was stuck:
> seems that no package by that name exists...
>
> It does work on ix86 but on ppc it fails (libmysqlclient15 neither
> exists on ix86...).
>
> Any help? Thanks.

Hmm, that's really interesting.  By the way, I'm an ix86 platform user.
Before upgrading to a new mysql or postgres version I try to see and
understand the differences.  And the steps to do to use the new
functionality on the existing data.

A quick check in the changelog for mysql-dfsg-5.0 gives:
libmysqlclient15 was renamed into libmysqlclient15off in march this year
due to binary incompatible changes.

Could this mean, even a re-compile of clients using this library is not
enough?

Kind Regards,
Thomas