Re: Debian Science Extremadura work session?

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006, Frederic Lehobey wrote:

So far, at the time of writing, only 3 three people have expressed
their interest (plus Andreas Tille for December :
http://lists.debian.org/debian-science/2006/01/msg00073.html) and, as
far as I know, none of them (excepted Andreas) are Debian developers.

I have not seen any precondition that participants have to be DDs.

Should we focus on other meeting dates (December is now planned for a
QA session: http://wiki.debian.org/WorkSessionsExtremadura)?  Are
there enough people interested to produce something useful?  Should we
even meet at all?  ;-)

IMHO yes, definitely.  While I see a big need for a QA session in
December (related to the planned release) I would have much things
to discuss related science (especially in the CDD scope).

Andreas' message
(http://lists.debian.org/debian-science/2006/01/msg00101.html)
suggests some slots could be double-booked.  Should we ask other work
sessions if it would be feasible?  (I think for example of the
DebianEdu people for possible synergies
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Extremadura2006).

In some aspects science and education might fit and the Debian-Edu
people are very good organized and thus I would think the cooperation
might fit.  On the other hand I know from other Debian-Edu gatherings
that there are many interested people and I'm afraid that this meeting
might be overbooked.

 * who will be at Fosdem 2006?

I will.  :-)

As I mentioned I will not because my self-imposed abstinence from
FOSS meetings until summer (and my house will be finished).

So it is an opportunity to eventually meet with other
attendants interested in science support in Debian (I will mostly hang
around Debian room).

I hope some people will be around.  It's just a question how to draw
their attention to keep them all in a common room at the same time ...

Still true would it be useful to Debian.

I hope somebody will care for a Debian-Science meeting in Extremadura.
It would be a shame if we would miss this opportunity.