Re: Is there template for letters about software without licence ?

Hi,

> Unfortunately, we could not find the licence of <software in question>
> in its website nor in its sources. In the countries which have signed
> the convention of Berne about copyright, a software without licence is
> by default copyrighted, and its redistribution is not permitted as it
> is not explicitely written.

I have one remark on this paragraph: Every software is copyrighted, no
matter what license it has. A free software license is there to allow
others to do things with the software which normally would be the
exclusive right of the copyright holder (e.g. redistribution). Maybe you
can just omit this phrase and write something like "... convention of
Berne about copyright its redistribution is not permitted if not allowed
explicitely by the license.".

Best regards
Steffen