Re: Is there template for letters about software without licence ?

On Sat, Feb 04, 2006 at 10:25:00AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Thank you for your template ! Here is my customised version. I am
> wondering wether it is better to write it with "I" or "we"
It depends on whether or not you are a follower of Ayn Rand.  jk.

> We are therefore wondering if you would be willing to give a license to
> <software in question>, which would allow us to redistribute it within
> the Debian GNU/Linux operating system. To be integrated in Debian, a
> software must be released under terms that are compatible with the
> Debian Free Software Guidelines, available here:
I think this paragraph could be improved.  Perhaps:

  We are therefor wondering if you would consider releasing <> as free
  software.  This would allow us to package it for distribution along
  with the rest of the Debian system.  The ability to include
  distribute software in Debian depends on consistency of its license
  with our guidelines, which are documented at: <>.

> like to avoid to ship on the same media software with and without
"avoid shipping"

Justin