Re: Debian for Systems Biology

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006, Kevin B. McCarty wrote:

Luca and I chatted briefly on jabber, and we are about to open a wiki
page on www.open-bio.org, in which we will list packages in molecular
biology and systems biology which could make it into debian, and see how
we can help it to happen.

Why not use the already-existing Debian wiki page at
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianScienceBiology ?  (For those who aren't
aware, you don't need to be a Debian Developer to edit the wiki; you
just need to create an account there for yourself.)

Ahh, this is also a reasonable idea: We could just use this wiki as
kind of a TODO-list for updates of

     http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/microbio

everybody could add projects to this list after checking the page above.
This would probably a nice help for Tobias who cares for the Debian-Med
pages.  Even better would be if there would be some license information
and a short description inside the Wiki.  Once it would be moved to
the official web pages the Debian-WWW translation team cares for the
translation.