Re: New source and binary Debian packages for ROOT.

Christian Holm Christensen <cholm@nbi.dk> wrote:

> OK.  So it seems I need to disable that package for all platforms but
> i386 and ia64 (or is it amd64?).  I guess I have to read up a bit
> on how
> to enable/disable a package for certain platforms.   Perhaps it's
> enoughto do in the control file
>
> 	Architecture: i386 | ia64
>
> And then I should figure out how to enable/disable a build-dependency
> for certain platforms.

Hi Christian,

You also have to disable it within the ROOT build infrastructure.  It
should be enough, I think, to edit the debian/rules file such that
the Make variable $(CONFOPTIONS) includes --enable-maxdb
(or whatever) on the supported arches and --disable-maxdb on the
rest, with a Make ifeq statement of some kind.

(And of course to put the Architecture statement in the control file so
that dpkg-buildpackage doesn't error out at the end.)

> The package `root-plugin-hbook' might have a similar problem on
> gnu/kfreebsd, so I should know.

Incidentally I suggest only installing libHbook.so.5.09 (and symlinks to
it) on 32-bit architectures.  I'm very dubious that it would work correctly
on 64-bit arches, although I haven't tested.  You could still build
g2root and h2root, but I recommend linking them statically against
packlib and kernlib.

best regards,