Re: New source and binary Debian packages for ROOT.

Hi Frederic,

That was fast :-)

On Sun, 2006-01-15 at 11:49 +0100, Frederic Lehobey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Jan 14, 2006 at 08:15:25PM +0100, Christian Holm Christensen wrote:
>
> > I've uploaded new Debian source and binary packages of ROOT to
> >
> >         deb http://mirror.phy.bnl.gov/debian-root unstable root
> >
> > This is version 5.09.01, revision 3.
>
> Thanks.
>
> > Note, that SapDB has changed name to MaxDB, and the package
> > root-plugin-sapdb has been renamed to root-plugin-maxdb to reflect
> > this.
>
> Hmmm?  (MaxDB use seems related to the failure below.)

OK.

> > For those of you willing to try building on various platforms, please do
> > so.    This revision should hopefully fix the problems reported so far.
> >
> > I've checked that I could build the packages with pbuilder (a chroot
> > image with only the minimal set of packages installed to build ROOT),
> > and everything went fine.
>
> I tried this on powerpc (in a sid pbuilder).  It fails (log attached)
> because the package maxdb (a dependency) fails to compile on anything
> but i386 and ia64:
> http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?pkg=maxdb-7.5.00
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/m/maxdb-7.5.00.html

OK.  So it seems I need to disable that package for all platforms but
i386 and ia64 (or is it amd64?).  I guess I have to read up a bit on how
to enable/disable a package for certain platforms.   Perhaps it's enough
to do in the control file

	Architecture: i386 | ia64

And then I should figure out how to enable/disable a build-dependency
for certain platforms.

The package `root-plugin-hbook' might have a similar problem on
gnu/kfreebsd, so I should know.

Does anyone have a good idea? Thanks.

> Many thanks for your packaging,

And thanks for your testing.

I'll ship a revision 4 as soon as I've figured this out.

Yours,

--
 ___  |  Christian Holm Christensen
    | |  Address: Sankt Hansgade 23, 1. th.  Phone:  (+45) 35 35 96 91
     _|           DK-2200 Copenhagen N       Cell:   (+45) 24 61 85 91
    _|            Denmark                    Office: (+45) 353  25 404
 ____|   Email:   cholm@nbi.dk               Web:    www.nbi.dk/~cholm
 | |