[HS]Re: Ubuntu patches for DDs

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 02:08:28AM +0100, Michael Banck wrote :

> Canonical is not making this (filing an ITP and uploading/maintaining
> the package in Debian) a policy for the packages their own employees
> upload to Ubuntu alone, so I do not think it is reasonable to expect
> this from Ubuntu (drawing the line between paid/volunteer work here)

I appologise for possibly feeding a troll, but does that mean that there
is some intellecutal property on the packaging work made by Canonical
employees as part of their paid work [1], or that there is no time for
giving the package to a developper who is willing to adopt it ?

Although not a debian developper, I would like to understand. There is
more and more noise on this subject, and by thinking that the rudest
are the wrongest, I might be myself wrong...

[1] This is the default policy in most countries. Whatever my good will,
any line of code I write at work is non-free unless stated otherwise by
my company or my team leader. In particular, even if he said 100 times
"yes of course", the 101th piece of code would still be non-free until I
would ask...

Best regards,

--
Charles