Re: Ubuntu patches for DDs

Hi Jordan,
Am Dienstag, den 10.01.2006, 11:28 -0800 schrieb Jordan Mantha:
>    *  At http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTUScience I have set up links under
> "Ubuntu and Debian Packages" to lists that I have generated that show
> the differences between Debian and Ubuntu for the science, math, and tex
> sections. Direct links are:
>    http://tiber.tauware.de/~laserjock/math_list.html
>    http://tiber.tauware.de/~laserjock/science_list.html
>    http://tiber.tauware.de/~laserjock/tex_list.html
> >From these lists one can easily see what packages have been changed by
> Ubuntu (22 in math, 26 in science, and 5 in tex) and what packages have
> been packaged for Ubuntu but not Debian (5 in math, 0 in science, and 4
> in tex). If there is something that you would like add to these lists
> let me know and I will see what I can do.

Well, thanks for your work and the page.
I have one question about the build logs linked from there:
Is my interpretation of
http://people.ubuntu.com/~lamont/buildLogs/k/koctave/0.65-2/
correct, that koctave fails to build for almost 9 months? This wouldn't
be too surprising, given that its upstream is inactive since 2004, but
then I wonder wether koctave is of any use.

Could somebody with an Ubuntu system here try wether koctave is actually
installable/usable under Ubuntu?

Regards
	Thomas