Re: Bibliography-Software recommendation

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 10:38:42AM +0200, Stephan Gromer wrote:
> As I need to write scientific publications once in a while, I need
> some sort of reference manager. Most biomedical journals insist on
> manuscripts in Word or RTF-format, so OpenOffice is the suite of
> choice under Linux I guess.

In my areas (chemical engineering and numerical analysis), I've often found
that a little persuading works wonders and I can usually submit PDF
versions. In that case, Latex + bibtex + ... is the way to go!

The few times I've had to do a Word document, I've used latex + bibtex and
then generated html which I've imported into OOo and fixed up for final
submission. Not pretty but it works.

HTH,
eric

--
 Eric S. Fraga, Department of Chemical Engineering, UCL, London