Re: Mathematica and Windows

Hi!

Just some side remarks:

Am Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:38:55 -0800 schrieb Yigal Weinstein
<yigal.weinstein@gmail.com>:

> I think Open Office has done this but
> then again they are not just for Linux as their software works on all
> OSs.

Most of free software is not limited to Linux, but can be used as well
with Mac or Windows. That's part of the idea in the term "free".

> Debian and Linux should be better than other OSs i.e. Mac. and XP
> because of their philosophy in almost every area and I do not see
> this. Mathematica and Maple are examples of what I do not see.

Please do not confuse the operating system with the software you use to
get your work done. Both Mathematica and Maple are available for Linux,
and that they are better than free alternatives does not mean that
propietary OSs are better than free ones.

Best,
Steffen