Re: diffing latex files -- strikeout?

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005, Thomas Weber wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am Montag, den 12.12.2005, 14:07 +1100 schrieb Tim Connors:
> > Perhaps the clearest way to show changes would simply be to strikeout
> > deletions, and underline additions?
> You might want to have a look at latexdiff (though I haven't used it
> myself), it looks pretty close to what you are looking for:
>
> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/support/latexdiff/

Oooh, pretty, but it got one of my paragraph breaks wrong, and it issued
warnings for the references, and it didn't mark differences between
references.  Still, far quicker than my hack I ended up using for this
particular occasion:

running
wdiff --start-delete='\sout{' --end-delete='}' \
--start-insert='\underline{' --end-insert='}' file1 file2 > file3
adding
\usepackage{ulem}
\let\underline\uline
to the start, and manually fixing up a few of the references, and a bunch
more stuff.  Messy, but it worked.

--
TimC
> aibohphobia, n., The fear of palindromes
And here I thought it was the fear of robotic Japanese dogs.
  -- Tom "Tom" Harrington