Re: Still about licensing...

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 12:10:15AM +1000, Tim Connors wrote:

> But it is coded that way to start off with, simply disabled.  What is the
> difference between distributing software with a
> --break-someone\'s-GPL-license configure switch, and a flag in
> /etc/default/illegal: export BREAK_SOMEONE\'S_GPL=true

Mozilla can be used for illegal purposes. Should we therefore not
distribute Mozilla?

More seriously, some things are clearly copyright violations (direct
distribution of infringing materials). Other things are clearly not
(distribution of Mozilla) Somewhere in the middle, there's a grey area,
and this is about it.

Cheers,

Phil

--
"Why on Earth did you make that decision?"
"I guess it was instinct, like you were talking about."