Re: The problem with gnuplot

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, Frederic Lehobey wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 09:58:28PM +0200, Thomas Walter wrote:
>
> > Here I need some light.
> >
> > Where is a copyright break when I install from source using configure
> > options of my best choice, in this case for example 'libreadline' and
> > its best friend 'libhistory'.
>
> Well, I do not think there is any (depending on the precise licenses
> actually) as GPL-like licenses are considered to be enforced only
> while distributing software.  Which exactly is what Debian is for.

And you don't want debian to even ship software that doesn't enable
readline, but can be convinced to allow the user to enable readline
themselves at compile time.  They would still then be distributing
software that was written and capable of breaking copyrights.

--
TimC
"COGITO, EGGO SUM." I think, therefore I am a waffle.