Re: Hello/GRASS

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005, Christopher David Desjardins wrote:

I'll be starting graduate school in Ecology at the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Canada this September. I would be interested to hear what everyone thinks about GRASS since I am interested in using this GPS program. Does anyone know if it's compatible with ArcView? I've been running Debian for only a few months (Sarge originally, now Etch) and I've been using Linux for about a year and a half. I started out using Fedora, then Slackware, and now I am glad to have found Debian! Cheers,
It might be a good idea to contact the debian-geo Custom Debian Distribution.