gnuplot

I noticed that, when speaking of plotting programs, some people had
very negative feelings about gnuplot. Personally, I've found gnuplot
to be a very useful and versatile program. I've even used to produce
figures for some publications.

So I'd like to know what are the biggest complaints that people have
about gnuplot? I'm sure these comments would also be useful for other
people who are considering using this program. One thing that can be
offputting is the bare command line interface. However, I'm interested
more in comments about its functionality rather than interface.

Thanks.

Igor