Re: Welcome to Debian Science!

> The other thing I haven't seen anyone mention yet is Python. I'm
> just discovering it, but its starting to replace Matlab/IDL for me
> with data analysis.

How are you finding it compares with MATLAB in terms of speed?

I'm currently a MATLAB user (not something I'm especially proud of
given my views on free software...), but am thinking of switching to
Python. I'd love to find out more about others' experiences of
switching from MATLAB to Python -- recommendations, comments,
suggestions would be great.

Regards,

--
hanna m. wallach