Re: debian-science@lists.debian.org has been created

> A project that may worth have a look or even be
> involved in is the debtags effort:

If relevant, I happen to be deep into debtags
development.

> The scientific application are mostly not yet properly
> classified.  And I believe being involved in this
> classification would be a very good exercise to
> discover what is already available.

Right.  The classification of scientific packages was
more fully developed in debtags' primitive precursor,
debram---so some attention has indeed been paid to the
topic.  However, with regard to debtags proper, as it
stands today, I think that you are right.

If the matter strongly interests anyone here, he should
install debram, give the command 'debram -p 14', and
observe the package classification system there.  The
'14' indicates debram division [1400 Mathematics,
Physical Science and Cryptography].

--
Thaddeus H. Black
508 Nellie's Cave Road