Re: DebConf16 Call for Proposals deadline extended to 15 May 2016

On 2016-05-11 13:17, Dimitri John Ledkov wrote:
Would there be enough interest for s390x BoF session and/or mini-track
with talks at Debconf 2016?

I would like to present some of the work that was done on Ubuntu s390x
port and discuss things we could improve in the Debian s390x port.

Finally booked my travel to South Africa, so I'll be there. I'm happy to talk with whoever is interested in s390x. However, I'd like to suggest if Ubuntu could contribute the work done in Ubuntu back to Debian. There is not a lot of manpower behind the port (which might be an overstatement), so any contribution would be welcome[*].

I think there is few stuff that's genuinely unique to Ubuntu and I, myself, cannot keep track of all the changes you did to s390x because of the your relationship with IBM. On the other hand I am very happy with IBM themselves chiming in on improving debian-installer. That's just immensely appreciated.

Kind regards and thanks
Philipp Kern

[*] The only thing that does not go down well is a single untested on Debian patch that increases the maintenance burden.