Change Network Interface Name in Debian 8 s390

Hi

I wanted to change the network interface name without using a custom
udev rule like 70-persistent-net.rules.

To do that, In Debian 8, I created a network interface hardware config
file (/etc/sysconfig/hardware/config-ccw-0.0.xxxx) with the following
content:

CCWGROUP_CHANS=(0.0.xxxx 0.0.xxxy 0.0.xxxz)
QETH_PORTNAME=OSAPORT
QETH_PORTNO=0
QETH_OPTIONS=(layer2)
INTERFACE_NAME=ethfoo

The interface is created and up properly. However the name of the
interface remains enccw0.0.xxxx

Am I doing it right?

obs.: xxxx stands for the device number of my network interface.

I would appreciate if someone could take a look at this.

Best regards,
Raphael Philipe Mendes da Silva.