Re: Adding DASD to Debian wheezy..

Hello, Stephen.

Thanks for the explanation, I appreciate it it. I have found
(accidentally :-) ) that if I simply do the touch command and not the
update-initramfsm command, the kernel picks up the new device at the
next boot as well. I'm coming from a RedHat/SUSE zLinux background, and
finding out howe Debian (and gentoo, as well) do this common tasks is a
bit of a challenge.

Thanks for the pointers to the bug list, they have some good information
there.....and I am already well acquainted with your web pages on
DASD_DIAG, etc. for Debian. :-)

Have a good one, too.

DJ

--