Re: No security updates available for s390x

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 09:22:01AM -0400, Stephen Powell wrote:
> After doing a fresh install of Debian Wheezy for s390x I discovered that
> there is no security support available for this architecture.
> "aptitude update" produced the following error messages:
>
> W: Failed to fetch http://security.debian.org/dists/wheezy/updates/InRelease:
> Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-s390x/Packages' in Release file
> (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)
> E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored,
> or old ones used instead.
> E: Couldn't rebuild package cache
>
> I checked /etc/apt/sources.list.  The entries are formed correctly:
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free
>
> A search of the internet using the above error messages produced no
> useful hits.
>
> Why is there no security support?

wheezy is not released yet. A bug is filed against the infrastructure to enable
armhf/s390x on security.d.o. If you check the other architectures you won't
find any package in there for wheezy. (Except that there actually is exactly
one, I wonder why that is because we still update wheezy proper directly. I'll
followup on that.)

Kind regards
Philipp Kern