Re: Graphical installer for s390(x)?!

Cyril,

am Sun, May 20, 2012 at 01:18:39AM +0200 hast du folgendes geschrieben:
> Given we have both of them on s390, I guess having both in sync (either
> way) is the way to go. Please tell me what you prefer.

I don't think we need xserver udebs at this point.

> (Looking at current debian-installer.git, I see no g-i image at all
> for s390* anyway. But who am I to know? ;))

Yeah, there's no such thing as g-i.  Theoretically there could be in the
future, if I understand it correctly, by using kvm on s390x.  Because that
would give you some sort of framebuffer.  But with native hardware: no
graphics.  (Unless g-i would support some sort of network-console with VNC.
But that would entail a huge initrd I presume.)

Kind regards
Philipp Kern