Reg Debain s390 installation

Dear Team,

I am trying to install the Debian Linux on Mainframe ( via z/vm Guest). I facing some issues in the installation.

* i am facing problem in accessing my ftp server via putty. During FTP , the front end is not asking for any usernames and password in which my ftp server has the credentials.

* The error msg below is shown.

   "The specified Debian archive mirror is either not available, or does
    not have a valid Release file on it. Please try a different mirror. "

* I had set up an anonymous ftp for the installation and yet the problem prevails

--- Kindly help on the issue..

Regards
Anandhakrishna R
Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee
Tata Consultancy Services
Plot No.G1, SIPCOT Information Technology Park,
Navalur Post,
Chennai - 603 103,Tamil Nadu
India
Ph:- +91 44 67422376
Cell:- 98943-81974
Mailto: anandhakrishna.r@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.        IT Services
                       Business Solutions
                       Outsourcing
and any attachments. Thank you