Re: help on porting to s390

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 09:39:02PM +0100, Christophe Prud'homme wrote:
> Could it be possible to have access to a s390 machine to fix this ? or
> perhaps soneone could tell what am I missing on this platform ?
> it seems like there is an overload issue with operator<< in C++ but I
> don't see which one.

Some questions:
- Why is DebugStream no std::ostream? The usual method is to define your
  own streambuf and make it modify the output according to the
  definition.
- Why do you redefine {u,}int{16,32,64}_t?

Now for the problem:
Relevant part of the output:
| note: Life::DebugStream& Life::DebugStream::operator<<(const char*) <near match>
| note: Life::DebugStream& Life::DebugStream::operator<<(const std::string&) <near match>
| note: Life::DebugStream& Life::DebugStream::operator<<(Life::DebugStream& (*)(Life::DebugStream&)) <near match>

This argument types are all pointer or implicitely convertible into a
pointer. So it is most likely that the input was a pointer.

Now there is a problem, this code is already undefined:
| BOOST_FOREACH( std::string const& s, _M_to_pass_further )
Names beginning with a _ and an uppercase letter are reserved for the
implementation.

Bastian

--
There is an order of things in this universe.
		-- Apollo, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" stardate 3468.1