Re: Installation Question

<hint how to reply correctly on mailing lists>
A: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_post
Q: Were do I find info about this thing called top-posting?
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

A: No.
</hint>

Martin, Larry D wrote:
> I am now in the SSH session.  I have made it to "Configure Disks" and am
> not sure what the format of the address is.  I have two volumes 108E and
> 108F and I tried 0.0.108E but that failed.
>
> Any suggestions?

No idea. For me the available dasds have always been listed and I could
just select them. AFAICT the last format should be correct. You may have
to check that the devices really are available. I don't think I can help
much with this.

Maybe this walktrough of an installation in the Hercules s390 emulator will
help for reference:
http://www.josefsipek.net/docs/s390-linux/hercules-s390.html

> On the first menu on SSH I chose "Start Installation".  Should I have
> chosen to Start a Shell?

I assume you mean "Start menu", but that's correct. The shell is available
mainly for troubleshooting. You can use it to enter commands manually,
check the syslog, etc.

You should only have *one* menu SSH session open, but you can have multiple
shell sessions if you want.

Cheers,
FJP