From: Stephen Powell [mailto:zlinuxman@wowway.com]
Sent: Friday, October 09, 2009 3:23 PM
To: debian-s390@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Future of the s390 port

> That would be great. Please see [1] for details. If you need additional
> info, just ask.
>
> Cheers,
> FJP
>
> [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-s390/2009/09/msg00027.html

It sounds to me like you are asking for information on how to create a
mainframe-bootable CD.  I'm afraid I don't know the answer.  If you
have a specific .iso image that you want me to download and try to
see if it will boot, I can do that for you.  But I don't pretend
to know how to create one.

I can see, though, from the link above, that you are using the
"generic" sub-architecture files.  Have you tried using the "tape"
files?  The reason I ask is that, on the Multiprise 3000, the CD-ROM
could be used as an emulated tape or via the "Load from CD-ROM or
Server" method.  I just wonder if the tape files are what you
should use in that .ins file.  Hey it's just a guess, but it's
worth a try.