Re: Lenny: Unable to mount initrd

Frans,

> I've always installed Etch, and Lenny, and now Squeeze generic images
> without needing any such trickery... And I've never seen any other
> reports of anybody else doing that either.

I have ultra wide experience with System Z. My first access was about
30 days ago. :-)

> But IMO that's not really relevant. It seems to me that there must be
> something subtly wrong in your configuration of how D-I gets loaded which
> results in the failure to load the standard initramfs initrd.
> I think it's better value for money trying to track that down than
> worrying about file systems that should not be needed at that stage.
>
> In other words: I think you're trying to work around the symptoms instead
> of solving the cause.

I think you may be right about this. My goal is to install Debian on
the System Z. As the System Z is complete new thing to me, I try to
fix the problems in the domain I'm more confortable with that is
Debian.

But isn't it just download files from
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/etch/main/installer-s390/current/images/generic/,
upload files to the CMS, and then type debian?

I'm curious about what am I doing wrong about the initrd and Debian etch. Ideas?

Thanks again!

Peter